Saturday, January 27, 2007

A Little Adventure

Well maybe I shouldn't call it an adventure - - it was basically complete stupidity on my part! See I came home from teaching on Tuesday, walked in my house - -- which to my SURPRISE ;) was quite chilly - - immediately I assumed I was LOW in fuel oil - - trudging all the way to my back yard in the snow...yes uphill both ways barefoot! - -- (really it's only like 4 steps from my back door!! ) I checked my gauge to find there was NO fuel oil left .... yeah for those of you who know about this kind of stuff....yeah that's REALLY bad. So I called the company right away - had to finish paying the bill too, so my grocery shopping this week isn't gonna happen!! ;-) anyways the lady is like "okay we will be there in the next 5 business days!" WHAT!!!! 5 days - I have NO heat and it's finally winter around here and COLD!!! ;-) Oh well I had high hopes that it would only be a day or so - -- I WOULD SURVIVE!!! So Tuesday - Wednesday - Thursday - - still no fuel men!! YIKES! by this time it's getting ridiculously cold...yes my hair spray bottle wouldn't even pump out and my mouse barely would come out -- - even that was frozen!! And that is a TRAGEDY!!! I know I think it's hilarious!!! So finally Friday morning I called just to see if I was on the route or not for that day...Thank the Lord I was - -- I could still go into another whole story about that phone call and those last few hours but this already has turned into quite the epistle! But anyways I now have heat and all is good! My biggest fear through all of this though (okay honestly pretty much gave myself an ulcer from it - - but since I live in a trailor my pipes have frozen a few times already!!! Yeah so not having heat in the house too made for quite the perfect climate for freezing pipes!!! I could just see them freezing again but this time busting and then all the water would probably flush me and my trailor right down the street!! (You have a mental picture of this I hope!) So anyways God was good to me despite my irresponsibility!!! Hey come on - out of sight out of mind right.... ;-) Oh yeah and I'm sure many of you are thinking well you should have just paid the next day fee ( I realized that ...but this happened one other time HA and the lady told me it was $150 - - not a chance I'd rather freeze!! - But this lady informed me that - that was weekend rate - if they had to come on a Saturday - weekday rates are only $50 for next day service - Now $50 is worth not freezing over!!! Oh well at least this lady was more informative for me - -I know for NEXT TIME....all I got to say is there better not be a NEXT TIME!!!

2 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Blogger Ken & Jen Schmidt said...

Oh No! That would be an adventure, indeed (memorable, but definitely not fun). It seems like something I'd do! I'd just get on with the season and forget all about the fuel tank! I'm glad everything's fixed and you have heat again...just when it gets cold, too =o)

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Elisabeth said...

Oh Jenny, that's hilarious! I've done the same thing. After we first got married and moved up there to our house we had a "tank" that got filled. What a whole new concept for this city girl! After I realized what the percentages meant and how much it really cost us, I held out till the last possible moment to call and get a re-fill. That about bit me in the butt to as it was nearing spring time and I just knew it had to be getting warmer out soon, nope, snow for another month, so we too, waited it out, but only for a day! And we had our body heat, something that's proven very useful for up North! Love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home